BMUS | Grad Dip (Econ) | Grad Cert (Strat)
A partnership specialist, strategist and problem solver with a track record of delivering financial results. Working with organisations to deliver exceptional brand and customer experiences through sponsorship activation.
A big picture thinker, forming strategic partnerships to achieve common goals. An open and astute manager, leveraging personal and professional networks to deliver social change.
Not-for Profit, Learning and Development, Entertainment, NGO, Performing Arts
RECENT EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Auckland Young Professionals
June 2016 - Present
2015 - 2016
- Increased value derived from sponsorship. 12 months ago, the organisation had one contra partner. Today there are in excess of 9 partners — the majority cash
- A track record of developing financial and non-financial partnerships to achieve shared goals
- Led a team of 15 volunteers. A true test of leadership given that the team is unpaid, and my ‘authority’ is only that which the team choose to give.
“Ed is an extremely motivated individual and while working with him on the Auckland Young Professionals Executive have found him to display exceptional diplomatic, negotiation and organisational skills at a strategic level.”
– Dr. Felicity Williamson
Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra
Business Partnerships Executive
Business Partnerships and Marketing Coordinator (contract)
2016 - Present
2014 - 2015
- Worked with clients such as Hilton Auckland, Jaguar, NZME, Villa Maria and Bayleys Real Estate to deliver sponsorship marketing campaigns
- Delivered and managed all VIP and corporate hospitality functions from conception and sales to delivery. Included managing up to five receptions at one time and working with in excess of 20 staff.
"Thank you so much for coming, and for all your insight and contributions. My colleagues were commenting today about how impressive you are, and that you will be one of the key leaders in NZ one day – I agree!”
– A Sponsor
New Zealand Opera
- Completed administrative projects in 7 weeks that were anticipated to take 20 weeks
- Created my own projects in the remaining time, including a full pricing review, applying quantitative economic methods to analyse price, quantity and demand curves.
- Coordinated the handover of a New Zealand record label to a large multi-national classical music label
- Worked with the Director of MusicLive to ensure that our artists were able to make a living in the New Zealand cultural sector.
2008 - 2010
- Top Scholar (effectively dux) 2009 & 2010
- Captain of Debating and Badminton Teams
- Consistently Best Speaker at Model United Nations Association 2009 & 2010
- Youth Parliamentarian 2010
University of Auckland
2011 - 2012
- University of Auckland Scholarship (worth upwards of $50,000)
University of Waikato
2013 - 2014
- Dean's List 2014 (Top 10% of Business School students)
- 1st Place in the Waikato Business Strategy Case Competition 2014
- Runner-up in 2014 Waikato 'Case Comp'
School Aid: Global Partnerships Through Schools
2010 - 2012
- Previously, children at Ikoba School in Kenya had to walk over 2km to the nearest source of water for washing, and drinking. I brokered the first donation to an independent school (as opposed to an established multi-national NGO). This greatly improved the lives of these students.